Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas














Every year on my husband’s birthday I make chicken enchiladas, I don't know how this tradition started but now it’s just what we do. I got this recipe from my brother-in-law and it is really good.

Recipe for Chicken Enchiladas

I cook a whole chicken in my crock-pot and just make a chicken potpie with the left over chicken

20-24 corn tortillas

1 bunch cilantro

3 diced green onions

1 tiny can diced black olives

1 large can red La Victoria Enchilada sauce

1 can condense tomato soup

About 2 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Mix the soup and the enchilada sauce together in a saucepan, heat till warm, your fingers will be touching it so not too hot. Have all ingredients all prepared in little bowls so it makes everything go smother. Dip one tortilla in the sauce and place in a casserole dish, add 2 Tbs. chicken first then a pinch of all other ingredients and then a Tbs. of cheese and roll the tortilla up and push against a side of the dish. Repeat this until your pan is full. I stack my enchiladas 2 high but they never come out looking that pretty. After the pan is full or you’re out of tortillas sprinkle remaining green onions, a little bit of olives and sauce over all the enchiladas. Top off with more cheese. Bake at 350* for 1/2 a hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment